SSPC wants everyone to get up and moving in New Orleans. We’ve developed the Step It Up Challenge to facilitate this goal. Each team will count their own steps; please be fair and honest. Daily posting of your team’s accumulated steps will be done via the Activity Feed on the SSPC 2018 mobile app.
There is no charge to register a team. You will receive a free pedometer at registration, sponsored by UPMC. You can use the pedometer provided, your own pedometer, an app, or other activity tracker at your disposal.
The winning team will receive FitBit Activity Trackers for up to five team members! Winning team will be announced Thursday, January 18th at the Closing Party. Team must be present to win.
Contest begins at 1:30 PM on Monday, January 15th after the Awards Lunch and closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, January 17th.
Winning team will be announced Thursday, January 18th at the Closing Party.
- Teams of 5 – submit team name and individual members by Monday, January 15th 1:30 p.m.
- Assign a team captain and sign your team up on the Activity Feed of the SSPC 2018 mobile app.
- Track your steps. Team members can use the pedometer provided, their own pedometer/tracking device, or an app on their phone.
- Keeping track of steps walked is on the honor system – document actual steps – no estimates or guesses!
- Post your team’s daily total – photo optional – into the Activity Feed of the conference app.
- Statistics will be posted daily.
- SSPC will take the final count Thursday morning and announce the winning team at the Closing Party Thursday evening.